JOIN THE UNF*CK YOUR BRAIN TEAM!
Led by founder Kara Loewentheil, KL Coaching, Inc’s mission is to empower women to undo the effects of evolutionary biology + social conditioning on their brains so they can create true authentic confidence from within.
We are committed to helping bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion into the coaching and personal development industry by helping BIPOC, women, and other marginalized groups liberate their brains from oppressive belief systems and by modeling J.E.D.I. (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) principles in our workspace. We especially encourage applications from members of historically marginalized communities.
Studies show that men will apply to jobs when they believe they meet 40-60% of the qualifications, while women will usually only apply to jobs when they believe they meet 90-100% of the qualifications. We encourage members of any marginalized group, including women, who question their qualifications when they are not at 100% to apply anyway.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our current job openings below by clicking on the job title to expand the listing.
Please note, you must be legally able to work in the United States to apply to any of the below positions.
Director of Marketing Strategy & Content at KL Coaching, Inc. (REMOTE)
As the Director of Marketing Strategy & Content at KL Coaching, Inc., you will manage creation of content and implementation of the company’s marketing strategies and operations including lead generation and conversion initiatives
Key to success in this role is the ability to develop and implement marketing strategies and deliverables including directly managing and/or overseeing external support for: Facebook ad management, social media strategy and implementation, lead generation and sales funnels, and delivering data-driven insights on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. Extremely strong creative abilities, writing and editing skills, and the capacity to learn to write in the company’s voice, style and tone are also essential.
Our foundational principle is that we take responsibility for our own thoughts, feelings, actions, and results. We show up with integrity, we focus on solutions rather than on problems, and we coach ourselves so that we can perform at the highest level. We are collaborative and any challenge in the business belongs to all of us to solve. If that sounds amazing to you, keep reading.
This job is for you if you:
- Have impeccable writing and editing skills
- Easily generate lots of creative ideas
- Are a strategic thinker who enjoys both data AND storytelling
- Are extremely organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Want to be part of a fast-growing business that has a global mission and is purpose-driven
- Like working from home and having autonomy to figure out systems and processes for workflow and deliverables
- Are able to learn new tools and tech systems easily
- Enjoy creating marketing content (ads, lead magnets, social posts, email sequences) for life coaching services
- Take ownership of your work and frequently ask yourself “how can we do this better/more efficiently in the future?”
- Thrive in a position where you have ownership of your domain and are expected to generate ideas and strategy both independently and in consult with the principle
- Welcome feedback and see a job as a place to grow not only professionally but in your own personal development
- Are creative and in love with mission-driven marketing and content creation
- Are detail-oriented and organized
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working independently
- Are uber resourceful – willingness and ability to figure out how to solve problems on your own
- Are unflappable and able to remain calm and problem-solve in challenging situations
- Are quick to implement and thrive on a fast-paced team
- Are good at blending analytical data-driven thinking with creative content production
- Are able to travel on rare occasions
- Are legally able to work in the U.S.
This job is not for you if you:
- Struggle to maintain organized systems in your work or life
- Want a job that doesn’t challenge you
- Don’t like a lot of variety in your work
- Aren’t detail oriented
- Don’t enjoy working with numbers
- Don’t enjoy writing
- Have difficulty adapting to writing in another person’s voice
- Struggle to get your point across
- Get overwhelmed easily or have a hard time taking initiative to solve problems
- Are unwilling to perform a mix of tasks ranging from strategic to supervisory to administrative
- Cannot effectively “manage up” – e.g., are afraid to be clear with your supervisor or the principle about what you need and when in order to accomplish your objectives
- Fear making mistakes or doing something wrong and often get paralyzed by those concerns
- Struggle to incorporate feedback into your writing
- Take any feedback that is not completely positive as a personal attack on your worth and value
Key to success in this role is the ability to oversee implementation of the marketing strategy and to plan, develop, create, implement and monitor all marketing campaigns to meet business objectives. The role will require a candidate with a strong blend of both creative and data-driven approaches to business objectives and strong writing and content generation skills. The ideal candidate will have online business knowledge and familiarity with the life coaching industry.
This is a salaried position (exempt) with benefits that reports to KL Coaching, Inc’s COO and CEO. Expectation is for 40 hours over 5 days a week, between the hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, with very occasional evening and weekend work required.
The Marketing Director is responsible for creating, developing, implementing and monitoring marketing strategies across multiple channels in order to grow our customer base, increase brand awareness, and promote the company’s mission. The Marketing Director is responsible for aligning the CEO’s vision with her business objectives. The Marketing Director’s work facilitates the company’s impact in the world by expanding our reach and messaging, increasing our revenue, and helping us change the world in creative and educational ways.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating marketing strategies for company programs (including but not limited to the Clutch, UnF*ck Your Brain subject-specific courses, and the Advanced Certification in Feminist Coaching)
- Creating and executing the entire lifespan of a marketing funnel, including idea generation, planning, implementation (including project management), content creation, social and paid strategy, implementation and analysis of results, and working with other employees and independent contractors as necessary to accomplish those goals
- Working with the project manager, designer, and virtual assistant on funnel and web page implementation
- Working with or supervising any independent contractors or employees handling FB ads, google analytics, and graphic design
- Monitoring all funnel stats and timelines
- Writing and editing blog posts, sales emails, Facebook ads, podcast descriptions and more as needed
- Developing and refining email marketing strategies
- Preparing weekly, monthly, and annual statistical reports to measure progress toward annual goals
- Collaborating with Virtual Assistant to create and analyze Ontraport metrics and stat reports to make data-driven marketing decisions
- Creating and executing organic social media strategy, writing, and implementation
- Overseeing Facebook ad team and ad funnel creation
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE REQUIRED (Training available for the right candidate):
- Experience in creating, implementing, and managing direct response email marketing, online advertising funnels, and Facebook ads
- Copywriting experience and strong writing skills required
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency or ability to quickly master WordPress, Ontraport, Dropbox, Google Drive, Gmail, Slack, Vimeo, Wistia, JotForm, Asana, and YouTube.
- Strong understanding of new technology is a major plus
- Knowledge of online business and the life coaching industry
- Project management experience preferred
We Pursue Liberation for All: We believe in interrogating systems that uphold oppression and marginalization and restrict the freedom of all people. We believe this practice starts with examining the way these systems have infiltrated our minds, and that we change the world by changing our thoughts first. We are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the work we produce and in the work culture and organization that produces it.
Integrity: We walk our talk and show up to lead and serve according to the same principles we teach. We are an example of the work and in alignment with our principles
Responsibility: We manage our minds and show up for the business. We never say “I don’t know” or “it’s not my fault.” We look for ways to take responsibility rather than to avoid it. We are 100% responsible for our jobs, the business, and our lives.
Excellence: We represent the best of the life coaching industry. We teach and coach and serve at the highest level. We don’t concern ourselves with what other coaches do and we never dumb it down. We operate at an advanced level and we trust our clients, contractors, and followers to rise to meet us. We raise the standard every day.
Joy: We enjoy the ride. We know life is short and serious and yet not serious at all. We are committed to finding amusement and delight and to marveling at this wild ride of business and of life. We aren’t doing it unless it’s fun.
- Salary: This position has a non-negotiable starting salary of $100,000
- Benefits: KL Coaching, Inc. offers all full-time employees health insurance benefits effective as of the date of hire. Additional benefits include a matched 401(k) after six months of employment, annual profit-sharing, paid time off and paid sick leave, and an annual coaching stipend.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume (saved as a PDF). Please save your resume in the following format: Last name_First name_Marketing Director Resume.pdf
- Please use the following format for the subject line of your email: First and Last Name Marketing Director
- A cover letter including a brief description of a marketing project or initiative that you managed from start to finish, including an analysis of the goals of the project, your role in the project, the results of the project, and what you learned from the process.