UFYB 12: NEGATIVITY BIAS
If you’ve been doing the work of paying attention to your thoughts, you may have noticed that for every positive thought, you have 4 to 5 negative thoughts at the same time or right after. You may even think your brain just wants to be negative.
If you think that way, you’re not too far from the truth…
On this episode of UnF*ck Your Brain, we take a look at why our brain is so good at remembering and focusing on negative outcomes and not so great at conjuring up good ones and how that affects our mind chatter.
Join me to discover how you can begin rewiring your brain out of the deeply ingrained habit of focusing on the negative to focus more on the thoughts that serve you and move you closer to where you want to go.
If you haven’t done so yet, make sure you grab your Free Guide to Impostor Syndrome to help you identify the negativity bias and the way you’re attached to your negative thoughts about your own achievements.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why our brains are so great at focusing on the negatives rather than the positives.
- Why positive thoughts are much more difficult to conjure up.
- How you can unlearn the primitive habit of always focusing on the negative.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Grab your Free Guide to Impostor Syndrome to help you identify the negativity bias and the way you’re attached to your negative thoughts about your own achievements.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!