UFYB 11: STRESS ISN’T NECESSARY
Welcome to 2018! As we all come off the holiday high, or holiday low, of the past few months and get back into the groove of things, I want to talk to you about stress.
During the holidays, while you were off work and out of your normal rhythm, you may have experienced some emotional stress, some family stress, but as you get back into your usual routine, daily grind stress comes up again. And I would hazard a guess that many of you subconsciously think that that stress serves you in your career.
On today’s episode, I break down what stress really is and why it is not necessary despite the conditioning of society that says that stress is good for productivity, that it drives us, that it’s fuel for achieving greatness. Discover what your life could be and how you can open up space for intrinsic motivation by changing your thoughts about what role stress plays in your success.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What stress is and why it isn’t necessary.
- The main causes of stress now vs when our brains evolved to regulate stress hormones.
- How to determine if you subconsciously believe stress is useful and necessary.
- Why letting go of stress does not mean you will lose your drive.
- Questions to ask yourself to figure out what your life could look like without being driven by stress.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!