UFYB 9: THOUGHT WORK IS A FEMINIST ACT
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”
― Audre Lorde
This week, we continue with our theme of what we want to create in 2018 and talk about the most important thing that you can do to ensure your success in the next year.
Today, we’re taking about the importance of investing in your mental and emotional health (and why it is a feminist issue).
All over the world, women are taught to swallow their emotions, to think they are silly and frivolous. We’re told to “snap out of it” or “calm down”.
The truth is, patriarchy works when women doubt themselves and defer to society. Women feeling inadequate, doubting themselves, and thinking they are not enough is NOT to women’s advantage but rather to the advantage of patriarchy and structural racism.
So, taking control of your mental and emotional life is an act of feminist liberation and true self-care.
Join me for this short but important episode as I explain the immense benefits of investing in your mental and emotional health and why you can’t afford not to begin this work in 2018.
If you want to liberate yourself from self-doubt, insecurity, anxiety, and fear visit unfuckyourbrain.com/theclutch/ to learn more about the Clutch.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why investing in your mental and emotional is a feminist issue.
- The benefits of managing your mind and emotional life.
- How to start asking yourself useful questions.
- Why we don’t think to invest in our emotional health while we spend thousands on physical upkeep.
- My 2018 wish for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you want to liberate yourself from self-doubt, insecurity, anxiety, and fear visit unfuckyourbrain.com/theclutch/ to learn more about the Clutch.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!